Why You Should Consider Scneted Soy Candles"
School Fundraisers! It's a sad fact. But the realities are, well, all to real.
Year after year we send our young people out to the streets to look for donations. Donations from the public to finance their science clubs, bands, teams and a host of other unfunded school needs.
Personally, I never turn any of these enterprising young people away. Even the ones I suspect are being exploited by unscrupulous companies. The unscrupulous companies that take advantage of these young people and the good hearts of the public to give to a good cause in their own communities.
Why? Why would I do this?
It builds character, number 1, it teaches salemenship, it instills a belief in a good cause. It teaches them that some things you want don't come easy.
We have all been there, well, most of us anyway. Walking down the street, knocking on doors and explaining why we are there. That takes guts, fortitute and resolution. These are skills that money just can't buy.
Oh, and let's not forget, at least they are not sitting at home playing a video game or watching TV.
Ok, now that I got my rant on and done with. Let me give you some reasons why I think selling scented soy candles makes for one of the best school fundraisers in the market today.
- It's a healthy "green" product, soy wax emits no carcinogens into the air inside the home.
- It is a product mostly made in America or Canada by small independant businesses, most home businesses or at least started that way.
- It helps the Canadian and American farmers.
- Huge market and a product that people love to have in their homes and give as gifts.
- It is a product that is great and healthy for our planet, homes, families, and pets.
- As popular as scented soy candle are they are relatively hard to find locally.
- They are simply a fun product to sell, how can you get excited about candly bars and pizza.
- Imagine not only selling a healthy, clean product, but also educating prople on unhealthy and sooty their regular candles are.
I could go on and on, but I think you get the point. So if you are out there looking for great school funraisers, keep soy candles in mind.
Return to Fundraising Ideas from School Fundraisers