With Scented Soy Candles"
One Word, Scented Soy Candles, OK, three words...
There are a lot of great fundraising ideas out there. There are also a bunch of overused ideas out there also. Boredom is probably biggest problem fundraisers face.
People are just plain sick and tired of gift wrapping, candy bars, coupon books and a ton of other overdone products. Fundraising is really not that different from any sales business. You have to have a product that not only is easy to sell. But it has to be something you and your organization can get excited about selling when it comes to fundraising ideas.
And a product that people can get excited buying
Just about any website you go to that sells healthy, low soot soy candles, is going to have a fundraising program of some kind.
Because people buy candles! So when you're looking for great fundraising ideas. Keep scented soy candles on your list.
Or if you sell soy candles this is a great way to get your candles known as one of the great fundraising ideas.
There is a ton of organizations out here that need money. School band fundraising, athletic teams, girl and boy scouts, cheerleaders, choirs, church youth groups are all looking for unique ways to make money.
And let's not forget organizations, all kinds of charities like hospice and cancer charities, daycares and hospitals. The list is endless, they all want and need fundrasing ideas.
Just to do a little math if you have 100 participants and the each sell just 10 candles you should make between $5 and $7 for a 16 oz scented soy candle. That figures out to $5,000 to $7,000 for your group.
That's not chicken feed where I come from.
What Your Group Needs To Know
- Can the candle company handle large orders and fullfill orders in a timely manner? 2 weeks delivery after fundraisers is usual maybe longer during holidays.
- What is provided? Usually an order card with a picture of the candles and a Word Document and a list of scents, you pick your scents and fill in the Word Document with your choices. 10 to 12 scented are enough, don't list 99 scents, it don't work. Then print the list on the back of the order card and you should have a master list, where all the totals are entered when the sales cards come back.
- Collect the money upfront. The coordinator keeps the profits and forwards the correct costs to the rep or company.
- Don't pay for frills, like sorting.
- Be dressed nicely, wear your uniforms if available.
- Never enter the home, use the buddy system, make the rounds with family and friends first.
- Visit local businesses, ask if they would like to support name your organization by donating gifts or coupons for prizes or by purchasing the clean burning scented soy candles for corporate gifts, employee holiday gifts etc.
- Never say, Want to buy a candle for our class, team or group? Ask, do you burn scented candles? The candles we are raising money with are clean burning, very low soot scented soy candles, we are offering 10 different scents, they are .....most of the people we have talked to are donating by getting a few candles for themselves and a few more to have on hand for gifts, the jars are sealed so they last a long time, how many could you use? Then wait for the answer.
- Fundraisers should last about 2 weeks, 3 weeks maximum, after that excitement has died down and the first buyers are waiting, so don't go on and on.
- If you pick a great smelling, long lasting healthy scented soy candle your next fundraiser has proved to be even larger as people now know the product and how good it was.
- Keep your lists of names and phone numbers, so if you don't catch people at home, you can make a quick call, but always try to sell in person first, it is so easy to say no over the phone.
- Have fun, be enthusiastic, be excited, talk to everyone, ask if they know others that love scented candles.
And to all of you out there, when a young person comes to your door. They are learning a great skill by selling products to raise money for their group with these fundraising ideas. It takes a ton of guts to walk up to your door. So please, treat them kindly, no matter what they are selling. Be polite and help them out if you can. Thank You!
More information for School Fundraisers.
More information for Church Fundraising.
More information if you want to use Candle Fundraising to market your candles.
Return Home from Fundraising Ideas